God Loves Broken People by Sheila Walsh

I wish I had had this book years ago. Although there is a lot of controversy around Sheila Walsh's teachings and some people have rated this book low, it is quite profound and I found this book to be pretty biblical. Years ago, I had struggled with how a loving God could allow suffering and perhaps even cause suffering. Sheila addresses this very question. And while I ran to read shallow books with weak answers (like Harold Kushner's When Bad Things Happen to Good People) or Philip Yancy, I couldn't find any real answers. For a time, I was angry at God and couldn't understand how to reconcile the two: God and suffering. I heard all the typical answers and none seemed to fit. God uses all the bad circumstances for good just didn't add up to me. The end should not justify the means.

Sheila does an incredible job of making intense suffering fit into God's will and plan for our lives. In fact, she turns suffering into something that we might even seek out or wish for because some of the blessings that come from it are just so profound and great. I did not find this book to be shallow or lacking in answers. Some of the examples might have been weak, but the overall story was amazing, beautiful and very very glorifying to God. I felt like this book gave REAL ANSWERS for suffering. I think all Christians can benefit from reading this book.

Disclaimer: I gave my honest review. I received this book from the publisher but a positive review was not required

No comments:

Post a Comment