Simple Secrets to a Happy Life by Luci Swindoll

This book was so disappointing! It should be called "Things my mother taught me" or "Good manners" or "Tips and Habits" or something. The book is nearly void of God and is all about how to live happy, orderly and with others. Maybe this should be called "Good housekeeping."

I was disappointed by all the parts that had nothing to do with God, Jesus, and Christianity. For example: Be on time, be organized, never sign something unless you are sure, make something with your hands, do all your work before you play, draw pictures, be proactive about your health, value the things you own, outside of God focus on whats important now, write down things, be sad, build a library, have fun conversations, think before you speak, thank others, learn a new skill, cook for yourself and more!

The parts that did include some lip service to Christianity was very shallow: Take Jesus with you today, treat others with kindness, read your bible everyday. Ummm... and that's about it! Barely anything at all to do with God in this whole book of 50 tips.

One part was just plain weird: teacher took a dead duck home to study because she loved ducks. Luci writes, "Don't you just love that?" Uhh... I can't say I do and I'm not just being negative, but yuk!

Disclaimer: I gave my honest review. I received this book from the publisher but a positive review was not required

No comments:

Post a Comment