John MacArthur's The Truth About Forgiveness

John MacArthur's book The Truth About Forgiveness is a real look at sin. It explains how people are taking less and less responsibility for their sins and instead declaring themself faultless for things like drinking, shopping, stealing, molesting. They call their behaviors "addictions" and turn themselves in the victims, rather than the perpetrators. MacArthur explains the truth of the situation - humans are sinful and just running from facing their sins. He touches on why the self-esteem cult of psychology doesn't help anyone, but all this denial of responsibility just makes us sicker and sicker.

This book is a good wake up call for believers. Once MacArthur addresses the subject of sin, he then explains that this is the reason we need a savior - enter Jesus Christ. MacArthur tells readers about forgiveness, confession of sin and God's amazing grace. This book is mainly about sin, forgiveness, grace and the gospel. All key elements all Christians could benefit from considering. This book is full of truth. I did find this book a shorter read that most of MacArthur's other works and also a bit easier/lighter/not as deep. Still a great book and I would highly recommend it.

Disclaimer: I gave my honest review. I received this book from the publisher but a positive review was not required

1 comment:

  1. Hello!

    I have really enjoyed your reviews of books especially this one 'The truth about forgiveness'. Your careful discernment and absorbtion into the book really shows not only how much you like to read but that you read for understanding. I am writing because I just published a book and would love to get your review of it (no matter what you end up thinking of it!). It would help me not only in exposure but I really appreciate a review from someone who will give their attention to it.

    The book is actually only a part of a large project called 'Days With Jesus'. It combines the book, which walks the reader through the first half of the Gospel of John, with numerous videos shot on-location in Israel hosted on the website where a person can see where that particular Day took place. I call the book a 'Docuvotional' as I attempt to take the reader through the life of Jesus as told to us by His disciple John, then help the reader to try and apply the teachings in a devotional manner.

    I can send the ebook if you would like to read it unless you would prefer a different format. Feel no rush but if you would like to do a write-up on it I would be grateful. Please just shoot me an email if it interests you to do a review so I can be on the lookout for it.

    Thanks for your consideration

    Blessings,

    Jim
    www.dayswithjesus.com

    ReplyDelete