Rumors of God by Whitehead & Tyson

Fantastic book! I highly recommend this book because it opens your eyes and make you go "Wow, I never thought of that!" Most of us were raised in wealthy America. Brought up on tv and games (including sports). This book is a wake-up call to all us who have fallen into this everyday American life and let our love of God fall by the side. We have settled for temporary pleasures when a much much happier life is so close and possible for us. This book asks: What will your life be if you just keep going just like you are going right now? When you are lying on your death bed and look back at your life, would you be proud of the life you had lived? Would you feel like the majority of your time was well spent? Myself included, I get the feeling most of us would be ashamed of a life wasted. Rumors of God is a book about prioritizing seeking God, not just letting your relationship with him fall by the side.

I found this book highly inspirational. There was so many good and convicting points that I found myself highlighting on every other page! It was a slow read for me because there was a lot of substance here. This book touches you and hopefully will change your life - make God your #1 and trust Him to carry you (like Footprints in the Sand).

Disclaimer: I gave my honest review. I received this book from the publisher but a positive review was not required.

No comments:

Post a Comment